Litigation Support Services for Attorneys and Legal Professionals
Behind the Numbers
For more than 35 years, Cendrowski Corporate Advisors (CCA) has provided litigation support for high-profile accounting malpractice and accountants’ liability cases, including those pertaining to…
- Audit Procedures
- Tax Services
- Business Valuations
- Economic Damages Analyses
- Internal Control Failures
Our professionals, who have been admitted as experts in state and federal courts, clearly convey their findings in writing and on the stand. CCA’s team has assisted attorneys in all phases of litigation, from pre-case assessments to post-judgment related analyses. We pride ourselves on the diversity of our services as well as on the body of experience our team possesses.
Case Summary: Complex Debtor Profile
A Financial institution discovered that an individual debtor, who seemed to have lost the ability to meet their obligations as a result of the 2008 economic crisis, retained control of real estate assets that had significant value after the crisis subsided.
- CCA analyzed the debtor’s disclosures in personal and business financial statements and income tax returns, identifying transactions between the debtor and the debtor’s affiliates, and investigation the economic circumstances underlying the transactions
- The debtor and their affiliates were involved in direct and indirect transactions with third parties that suggested values different than values attributed to those assets during the transfers among affiliates.
- Based on CCA’s summary, counsel was able to demonstrate that the debtor had rearranged direct ownership of valuable assets without divesting control of those assets.
- CCA worked with counsel to develop a straightforward exhibit demonstrating the timeline of events that illustrated the financial story behind the affiliated transfers.
- Influenced by CCA’s exhibit and the potential for subsequent testimony from our experts, the bank was able to negotiate a settlement of the obligations with the debtor.