Ron is a strategic partner with Cendrowski Corporate Advisors. Ron specializes in cases of forensic accounting, fraud investigations, economic damages analyses, due diligence, tax controversy, money laundering and has provided expert witness testimony.
Ron Braver has over 34 years of combined private sector consulting and Federal Law Enforcement experience. Ron is a former Special Agent and Supervisory Special Agent of the IRS – Criminal Investigation. Ron’s experience includes two years as a senior manager in the forensic accounting and investigative services practice of Grant Thornton LLP and over six years operating his own boutique forensic accounting, investigative and dispute services practice.
As a 26-year veteran of the IRS criminal investigation team – the bulk of it in Chicago – Braver’s investigations led to approximately 75 guilty pleas/convictions and more than $41 million in forfeiture and fines.
Certifications and qualifications:
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) in Illinois
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Licensed Private Detective in Illinois
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE)
- Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (ACAMS)
- Federal Criminal Investigators Association (FCIA)
Across his career, Braver has received 25 awards and commendation letters, including a 2006 nomination for Federal Employee of Year, the recipient of the prestigious Albert Gallatin award, and numerous other exceptional performance awards.
Ron earned an MST at DePaul University and a BS in Accounting at Truman State University.