John Alfonsi is Managing Director of Cendrowski Corporate Advisors (CCA). John has provided business valuation, dispute advisory, forensic accounting, and tax consulting services to clients for more than 25 years. He has also implemented and administered back and middle office operations for private equity and venture capital funds.
With respect to litigation support activities, John is a recognized business valuation and economic damages expert, and has presented expert witness testimony in these areas on numerous occasions. Among other engagements, he has provided business valuation services for M&A transactions, corporate divestitures, marital dissolutions, shareholder/partner disputes, joint ventures, estate and gift tax matters, and has analyzed economic damages for both plaintiffs and defendants. On each engagement, John uses his training as a forensic accountant to formulate comprehensive and understandable analyses.
With respect to his forensic accounting expertise, John has assisted attorneys throughout all phases of investigations from pre-case assessment through expert witness testimony. Among other engagements, John has provided forensic accounting services related to procurement reviews, tenant/landlord lease verifications, and income/cash flow assessments.
John specializes in tax planning and consulting for private equity funds, venture capital funds, hedge funds, partnerships, corporations, estates, REITs, and high net worth individuals. He has helped clients develop innovative tax structures to minimize their federal, state, and local tax burdens. Together with other CCA team members, John has established an excellent reputation with the IRS and has served as an advocate for clients in the event of tax controversy.
Certifications and qualifications:
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) in Illinois and Michigan
- Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV)
- Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA)
He has authored articles appearing in The Value Examiner and various other publications, and has presented at numerous business conferences.
- National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD)
- Association for Corporate Growth (ACG)
- Michigan Venture Capital Association (MVCA)
- Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants (MICPA)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE)
- National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts (NACVA)
- Illinois Society of Certified Public Accountants (ICPAS)
John earned an M.S.T. at Walsh College and a B.B.A. at University of Michigan, Dearborn. He is an adjunct associate professor at Walsh College, where he teaches courses in their Masters of Science in Taxation program, and received the Research Institute of America Graduate Tax Award in 1992.