Jodi T. Mersinger is a Tax Director in the Chicago office of Cendrowski Corporate Advisors. Jodi is an accomplished tax consultant who works with private businesses, their owners, and other executives to develop and implement tax savings and business strategies.
With over 25 years of experience, Jodi brings extensive knowledge in consulting with closely-held and family-owned corporations, S corporations, partnerships, LLC’s, estates and high net worth individuals. She has established relationships with clients in many industries including real estate, construction, manufacturing, hospitality, healthcare, logistics and professional services where she has assisted her clients in designing plans to minimize taxes while reaching business growth goals. Jodi also works collaboratively with other professionals providing a different perspective to help solve complex tax issues for clients. Jodi’s areas of expertise extend across the business lifecycle, and include:
- Transactional planning and structuring from business formation, through admission of new owners and owner buy-outs, to business mergers, splits-ups, acquisitions and sales;
- Flow-through tax issues including income allocations, debt allocations and owner distributions;
- Tax review of documents and agreements including business purchase documents, LLC operating agreements, estate planning documents, compensation and severance agreements, incentive and nonqualified plan agreements;
- Real-estate tax planning including acquisition structuring, like-kind exchanges, cost segregation, construction accounting and investor after-tax cash flow analysis;
- Multi-location planning including Interstate, instrastate and international tax issues;
- Succession planning including plan development and buy-sell provisions, evaluation of business transfer alternatives and family planning issues;
- Tax controversy including government audit representation and preparation of revenue ruling requests; and
- Litigation support including depositions and assistance in expert witness in tax matters.
Previously, Jodi has held senior management tax positions with regional and national firms including Tax Director at Sikich, LLP, a national accounting and consulting firm headquartered in Naperville, IL, where she was a member of the Real Estate and Construction Services and the Manufacturing and Distribution Services groups. She spent most of her career at the former Wolf & Company, LLP (now known as BKD) in the Chicago area, where as a Tax Partner she initiated and led the firm’s Succession and Wealth Transfer Planning group, was a member of the task force that initiated the Manufacturing and Distribution Services group, and was an active member of the Healthcare Services group.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) in Illinois
- Masters of Science in Taxation (MST)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Illinois CPA Society (ILCPA)
Jodi graduated from DePaul University’s Charles H. Kellstadt Graduate School of Business with a Masters of Science in Taxation (MST), and from Eastern Illinois University with a B.S. degree in Accountancy.